MFF#17: If You Feel Attacked By Feminism It Is Probably A Counter Attack
When I originally started this blog, I opened it up to everyone I knew - if they wanted a mix made for them, all they had to do was ask. As with many things in my life, though, I got a bit lazy and just didn’t make mixes for some people that asked, usually when I couldn’t think of anything to put on it. This one, though, I really enjoyed making. It was for Nicola and I wanted to give her some good female-fronted or feminism-related stuff she maybe hadn’t heard before, as well as a couple other bits and pieces I thought she might like.
I’m pretty pleased with the way it came out and RVIVR would probably be proud too - 14 out of 18 of the bands on it are either all-female, female-fronted, or at least have some female members in there somewhere. And two of the few all-male bands on here probably have the most strongly feminist songs. The title comes from the ONSIND song that I included, and although it’s mostly punk-related, there’s all sorts of stuff on here.
So if you’re interested in feminism, female musicians or, hell, just flat out good music, then check this out and pass it around. Click the cover up there to download as always, and even if the files in the folder look like a mess, it’s all tagged up properly.
- Laura Stevenson and the Cans - Hallowen Pts. 1 & 2
- Latterman - The Biggest Sausage Party Ever
- Dark Dark Dark - Daydreaming
- Lemuria - Wise People
- Defiance, Ohio - I Don’t Want Solidarity If It Means Holding Hands With You
- The Red Light Sting - When In Rome Collect The Bone
- P.S. Eliot - Sadie
- Each Other’s Mothers - Extra! Extra!
- Agatha - Queer As In Fuck You
- Desaparecidos - Man And Wife, The Latter (Damaged Goods)
- Fight Like Apes - Jenny Kelly
- ONSIND - If You Feel Attacked By Feminism, It’s Probably A Counter-Attack
- Cheeky - He-Man Woman Haters
- Discount - Half Fiction
- RVIVR - Edge Of Living
- Kate Nash - Don’t You Want To Share The Guilt?
- Erin Tobey - Secret Letters
- Ben Gibbard - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun